Critical Illness Insurance CoverageCritical Illness Insurance can help to eliminate financial worry
- Critical Illness Insurance is intended to complement medical coverage and other financial protection products by providing a lump sum payment to help offset out-of-pocket expenses.
- It pays a fixed, lump-sum cash benefit to an insured person upon diagnosis of a covered illness at a time when finances may be strained. The benefit may be used at the discretion of the beneficiary for anything from deductibles and co-payments to mortgage and rent payments, in-home care, replacing lost wages or even a vacation to recuperate following the illness.
- The Critical Illness Insurance can be used until long-term care or disability plan disbursement benefits begin.
- Benefits can range from $5,000 to $1,000,000; one single payout can be a safeguard for mortgage protection and financial survival.
You have personal insurance so why an additional policy for Critical Illness Insurance?
Know your coverage.
People declaring bankruptcy due to medical expenses are finding that health insurance just isn’t enough. There are unexpected costs due to:
- Out of pocket expenses
- Long-term care, housekeeping care and child care not previously needed
Medicare provides comprehensive coverage. However, some services may not be covered such as long-term care and some Medicare drug plans have a coverage gap.
As of 2012, Medicare will pay 14% of the price for generic drugs during the coverage gap. You will pay the remaining 86% of that price.
MedicaidCost sharing for Medicaid varies by state but is extremely limited for most participants. The eligibility rules for Medicaid are also different for each state.